It's amazing how even though none of my kids are in school my summers seem so much more busy than the rest of the year. We have definitely had a fun summer. Kimball's sister and her family came to visit from Japan for a little bit. It's always great to see them.
Kimball went with the youth of the stake on their trek. He was the nurse along with one of his friends in our ward. Katie really thought she would be going when she helped daddy pack no matter what I told her. I thought it had sunk in that night but the next morning when daddy was gone and so was all her stuff she was devastated. So we made a "tent" in our living room. Bar stools are so much better. I could actually get in it.

We have been working on potty training. If you can see, her sticker chart only has stickers on the outside columns. She refused to put them in any other column. I don't know why other than she is Katie. If you know her that says it all.

She has been helping daddy mow the lawn and the grilling this summer. This is the first summer we have had a grill. I LOVE it! Daddy got a grill mit for Father's Day.


And of course playing with Anna. Katie loves it when Anna smiles at her and loves to make her laugh.

This is the first time we have taken the girls camping. It was so fun. So much better than I thought. Anna was able to sit and play with toys while we put the tent and beds together. Katie was so excited to sleep in a sleeping bag in a tent that she told me she was tired and going to bed before dinner. Although dinner won out in the end and it took her quite a while to finally go to sleep. It's such a nice break from the heat.


Kimball went with the youth of the stake on their trek. He was the nurse along with one of his friends in our ward. Katie really thought she would be going when she helped daddy pack no matter what I told her. I thought it had sunk in that night but the next morning when daddy was gone and so was all her stuff she was devastated. So we made a "tent" in our living room. Bar stools are so much better. I could actually get in it.
We have been working on potty training. If you can see, her sticker chart only has stickers on the outside columns. She refused to put them in any other column. I don't know why other than she is Katie. If you know her that says it all.
She has been helping daddy mow the lawn and the grilling this summer. This is the first summer we have had a grill. I LOVE it! Daddy got a grill mit for Father's Day.
And of course playing with Anna. Katie loves it when Anna smiles at her and loves to make her laugh.
This is the first time we have taken the girls camping. It was so fun. So much better than I thought. Anna was able to sit and play with toys while we put the tent and beds together. Katie was so excited to sleep in a sleeping bag in a tent that she told me she was tired and going to bed before dinner. Although dinner won out in the end and it took her quite a while to finally go to sleep. It's such a nice break from the heat.

No comments:
Post a Comment