Katie bore her testimony in church on Sunday for the first time. She has been wanting to do it for a long time now. But somehow, I have managed to put it off. I was really nervous that she would freeze when she got up there. There are always a lot of kids in line to bear their testimony. So, in the middle of sacrament meeting she stands up and says I want to do my testimony. I asked her what she was going to say. She said that she was going to say that Kaylee (her cousin) just got a new house. After explaining what a testimony is (we talk about it about every other fast sunday), she said she was going to say that the church was true, Jesus loves us, and that Jesus died for us. I didn't even coach her other than the explanation. When she told me that I knew she was ready. Of course, that meant I had to go with her. :) She did great. I think it's easier when you can't see over the pulpit. We are very proud of her and I'm pretty sure this won't be the last time.
Tuesday, May 8, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment