Saturday, April 17, 2010

Egg Dying Eggstravaganza

We hosted an Easter Egg Dying party for the cousins this year. It's one of those traditions that has stuck with me from my childhood.

We had all sorts of stickers and dyes and great moms to help. Everyone's eggs turned out great.


Katie was pretty insistent that she get an egg too. I told her she could color on an egg with a crayon. When I brought the egg down to show her how to color on it, without hesitation, she grabbed the egg and WHACK! right on the table. She knows what we do with eggs. Good thing it was boiled. I had to explain to her that we were coloring them and that I was going to show her first. After that we didn't have any problems. She got to dye them and put some stickers on them.


We saved the dye so Kimball and I could dye some that night. Here are the results.
Kimball's eggs. This one he dyed in all of the colors in order of the rainbow. We thought it would be brown. Unfortunately we didn't get pictures of all of the phases. It was pretty cool.



My eggs. We found out that painters tape works much better than regular stickers. However, the eggs have to be closer to room temperature and aren't wet from condensation. You may be able to tell that one of my eggs took a tumble. :(

No comments: